Out of all the finishes in the kitchen, the cabinets are the ones that get the most glory, and for good reason! They’re the component that makes the biggest visual splash and the one the experts say should cost the most. So, naturally, choosing kitchen cabinets is a huge deal for those undergoing a kitchen renovation. But not to worry! We’re here to help you choose kitchen cabinets based on a few key features, including budget, preferences and timeline.
1. Set Your Budgetand Build Type — Because it will have such a dramatic impact on material, door style and finish options, your budget is a good place to start. Allotting about 25 percent of your budget to your new cabinets is a smart way to go. This will also help you determine whichtype of cabinetry is the right match. Let’s look at the 3 basic types of cabinetry: stock, semi-custom and custom.
2. Get an Idea of Timing — When do you plan to have your new cabinets installed? Remember that unless you choose fully stock options, there will be a lead time of at least a few weeks. If you opt for anything super customized or special order, you should build in at least six to eight weeks for production and delivery.
3. Choose a Material — Like any piece of furniture, kitchen cabinetry comes in a spectrum of materials that will affect price, quality and appearance. Wood and wood variants are the most reliable and versatile, and therefore tend to be the most common. If quality and looks are what you seek, always go for plywood or solid wood and avoid anything constructed with particleboard or medium-density fiberboard (MDF). Other less common options include laminate, metal and thermofoil kitchen cabinets. To ensure beauty, quality and longevity, our cabinets are standard with all plywood boxes and solid wood frames.
4. Choose an Aesthetic — Now it’s time for the fun part — style! Start by browsing online or through your favorite design magazines until you find a style you like. You can also request a quote for a free kitchen design on our website to help you visualize various styles. Some important things to consider include:
5. Customize with Features — Once you’ve chosen your supplier and have a general idea of the cabinets you want, you’ll want to think about any extra features you’d like to build in. Amazing features like soft-close doors and drawers (standard on our kitchen cabinets), integrated lighting, trash can pull-outs, pantry cabinets and more can help you design a totally custom cabinetry option that fits perfectly into your life.
Ready to get started on your kitchen makeover? Get a free design and quote from the experts at Wholesale Cabinet Supply. We’d be delighted to help you design your dream kitchen starting with the perfect kitchen cabinets!
Comments will be approved before showing up.